Re: Mudflap install question???

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 12:07:11 EST

At 08:58 AM 12/2/99 , you wrote:
>Has anybody installed ANY type of mudflaps on a 97+ Dak with the fender
>flares?????
>Cause i'm lookin at my wheel wells and it looks like i have to slide the
>flaps between the flares and the wheel well. And it also looks like i can
>use the same screws to hold both the flares and flaps to the wells.
>And if anyone understood what i just wrote please offer any suggestions.
>:)

I don't recall which flaps you have so this answer will apply to the more
expensive molded flaps which are the ones I have. Since these flaps are
molded to fit, they come in two flavors--one for trucks with flares and one
for trucks without flares. If you get the wrong kind they will not fit.
Also I would NOT recommend removing and reusing screws. The screws that
came with my flaps had a plastic coating on the threads so that they would
weather seal around the hole when first installed. Removing and
reinstalling the screws damages the weatherproofing properties and could
cause rust around the hole. New holes are easy to drill with a good sharp
bit and a punch to keep the bit from wandering.

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail.net

  I have a theory that all traffic lights are secretly
  synchronized -- you just have to drive fast enough.
  Testing this theory has lead me to develop a second
  theory: Most police officers are NOT men of science.