Re: Stuck Dodge Van

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 15:17:16 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: Frank Johnson <frankwjohnson@hotmail.com>
To: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 1999 2:00 PM
Subject: DML: Stuck Dodge Van

> I was drivin to work this morning and passed by this full-size dodge van
> that looked like he had slid off the shoulder into a shallow ditch. It
was
> maybe a foo and a half deep, but both right wheels were in the mud and he
> had crap tires so he wasn't goin anywhere.
> I pulled over and did a "Ueey", and asked if he wanted a hand. He seemed
> kinda pissed caused the gravel shoulder just kinda gave way and his ass
end
> slid in. Followed of course by his right front wheel.
> So bein the nice Dodge man that i am i offered to pull him out, but i had
no
> tow rope. He happened to have some really thick metal cable (half-inch),
so
> we kinda looped it to both our hitches. I didn't wanna fool around near
the
> side of the road so i put her in 4lo and tightened up the line. I waited
> for traffic to clear and pointed the Dak to the middle of the road and
just
> give 'er. One clean yank and out that van came. Put a big smile on that
> guys face. And mine too.
>
> So all you 4x4 guys and gals, don't forget about our less adequate
off-road
> brethren. :)

Ok Frank,
you are going to get an after school detention for driving a 4x4 and not
having recovery equipment on it!! hehe.....good to hear the Dak did a good
job for you, and him!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6; MSD 6-Offroad Ignition, MSD 8.5MM Super Conductors, Accel
Super Coil, Borg Warner Select Brass Cap/Rotor, Autolite Copper Plugs(.050),
Amsoil 2Stage Air Filter, Redline Watter Wetter, Cobra CB(8W), Firestik II
Antenna with SS Quick Disconnect, Pioneer DEH45DH, Pioneer 6.5" 2way
Speakers, Pioneer 5x7" 3way Speakers, Rhino Liner(double coated), Rancho
RS5000's with Urethane Bushings, Grill Brush Guard, Hella 500 6" Round
Driving Lights, Hella XL Low Beams, Tinted Windows All Around, Vent-Visors,
Overhead Console, Tool Box(Full Of Recovery Gear/Tools), Hidden Hitch Class
III, Amsoil in Front/Rear Diffs and in the NP321 Transfer Case