Re: web addies and phone #'s

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 19:57:43 EST

On Thu, 2 Dec 1999, Michael Sykes wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm lookin for someone to build me up a 6er...
> I'm lookin' at Kammer & Kammer, Hughes Engine, and Jasper.
> I've got Jasper's # and stuff (they won't build one for performance)
>
> you guys think Hughes or Kammer will?
> I'm doubtin' it, but it's worth a try I guess...
> I dunno, if I were a company built totally on reputation, then I would be more than happy to try something new and see just what my engine builders were capable of, like a killer V6.. unfortunately, nobody thinks like I do =(

   Mike,

   I'm sure either Kammer & Kammer or Hughes would build you one.
My thought on this though is that you might be better off going with
an 8. I think you posted before about wanting to stick with the 6,
because you didn't want to have to worry about the tranny and all
that stuff, but if you have someone build you up a hot 6, its going
to put out just as much power as an 8 would, so you're probably going
to be looking at the other reliability upgrades anyway... It might
be more cost effective just to jump into an 8, bite the bullet, and
get a beefy tranny in there.

  By the way, I was talking to the guys at Autozone a few months back,
and they have a place where they get their reconditioned engines
through. (Sounds similar to Jasper.) However, they were telling
me about this one guy who had the place put in a hot cam and do some
other performance stuff, so it sounds like you can get a reconditioned
engine through Autozone built to your specs, as opposed to merely
factory specs. Might be something to check out, anyway.

                                              -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota V8, '96 Suzuki Intruder 1400, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |