Re: Quiet Muffler

From: John Burgan (JBurgan@webtv.net)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 21:17:13 EST

<<what kind of cherry bomb do you have?? i bought one a while ago for
like 15 bucks at autozone and it is not very quite>>

I think that he said earlier that he had a Cherry Bomb Vortex 2 1/2 in,
dual 2 1/2 out. This is same muffler that I am using. It is relatively
quiet while cruising, but really speaks up when pushed past 3000 RPM
and is much quieter than the single 3" in/out Dynomax Super Turbo that
it replaced. It also helped regain some of the low end that was lost
after the Leach headers were installed. I believe that it is similar in
design and flow characteristics to a Magnaflow. At first glance it
looks like a Flowmaster, with its heavy gauge steel and welded ends. It
is not at all like those super loud $15 Cherry Bomb Glasspacks that you
find at Autozone and Pep Boys.
-John