Re: whistling...help...help...help...

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@bigfoot.com)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 23:23:26 EST

You'r enot crazy. Mine's been doing it forever it seems (and other
people HAVE heard it in my truck), and the only mods I've done are
mudflaps (not bloody likely) and a bug deflector (but it whistled before
installing that). Weird thing is, it doesn't ALWAYS do it, and it
always start at the same speed. Some days it's louder than others, and
sometimes there's nothing at all. Weather makes no difference, nor does
temperature.

I'd like to say it's the wipers but I'm really not sure. Maybe one of
the vents right below the windshield? The radio antenna? Or the
ductwork in the dash? I don't think this is under the hood itself (if
it is, only partially), but I'm not convinced it's completely external
either.