sqeaky wheels on a 99

From: michael crotty (michael.crotty@m.cc.utah.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 03 1999 - 13:39:04 EST

Hi,

I have had a sqeak in my front wheels for a while now. When I'm rolling up
to a stop sign it's really noticable. I was worried it was the front diff.

I jacked it up and removed the wheel and spun the hub, sqeeek. There are
little pieces of metal around the brake rotor that have peeled away, and
are rubbing on the caliper, and sqeeking.

I broke them off with my hands (they're really brittle) and I have almost
no sqeak now. I think I missed some of it.

Thought this might help someone.

michael.crotty@m.cc.utah.edu