4.7 Owners Please Check this

From: Rick Pargeter (rparge@teleport.com)
Date: Mon Dec 06 1999 - 00:52:17 EST

I changed the oil for the first time this week end, and when I went to add
the oil, I opened up the huge plastic oil filler, and I was aghast to see
what was clearly oil contaminated with water - you know, the gray sludge
junk that turns up in engines w/cracked blocks or those that are short
tripped all their lives.

Upon further examination, it turned out that only the front half of the
filler tube was affected - the gray sludge was not present on the back wall
of the filler tube, and there were water droplets on the inside of the oil
filler cap. Since this tube is in the airstream of the fan, and it's been
cool here lately (40's), I can see how this might be happening, however,. I
don't like it. Anybody else seeing this, and any thoughts - insulate this
thigh or what.

TIA
Rick
2000 CC SLT 4.7 Auto 2500 miles, 16.7 mpg so far.