Re: Fan space and CFM

From: GS- (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 06 1999 - 10:51:30 EST

Not sure if this went out so I'll post again (Digest mode).

> The Black Magic fan pulls 2800cfm <

This is correct, 2800 CFM. Some members are using Hayden fans
rated at around 1900 CFM, so you know the Flex-a-lite duals
(2500CFM) or the Black Magic has enough cooling power.

IMPORTANT!! I've measured the distance between radiator and
fan stud (98 Dak), there is only a little over 4 1/2 inches
clearence, so the Black Magic fan will be very close at 4 1/4".
I mounted the dual 220 (2 1/2" clearence) and no problems. The
black magic may be an easier install IF clearence is ok.

GS -

98 5.2L 5spd