RE: Re: Best Throttle Bodies? - Quick D is BEST

From: John Mautz (jmautz@home.com)
Date: Tue Dec 07 1999 - 22:06:35 EST

All,

I have to agree 100% that the Quick D TB is the best. As some of you know I
have a '99 Durango 5.9L and I have the QuickD 51.75mm TB AND Mesa Headers,
3"x3" free-flow cat and 3" cat-back installed. Some say they have lost some
bottom end on their trucks and that may be. However, the D is about 1000
pound heavier than the Dak, AND if have an unrestrictive exhaust system (2.4
lbs of back pressure at the muffler). Therefore, if low end were to be lost
with the larger TB, I would have lost it. All this to say, I have noticed
no low end loss. A friend that ran it on a dyno for me and said the torque
numbers went up with the TB on. I wasn't present at the dyno run so I don't
have proof to show you. You will just have to take my word for it.

John Mautz