Four Wheelin' on the Interstate

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Dec 08 1999 - 13:06:26 EST

This story just goes to prove that some people really shouldnt own/drive
4x4's and really how SUVs/trucks get a bad reputation. I was coming home
from school last night on the highway and I began to merge onto another
interstate highway when I saw headlights up head poining at me. I slowed
down and saw an SUV in a grassy/muddy area about 30-40 yards off of the
ramp. It was kind of wet out and also kind of foggy; but I really did not
think it was slippery at all. Being the kind soul I am, I pull far off the
ramp grad the Maglite, and get out to see what's up. An older female is in
her 98-99 4WD Explorer just gassing the hell out of her Explorer trying to
get out. I just had to look to see what tires she had, and they were
Firestone ATX's. A trooper pulls up and the lady doesnt want to get out of
her Explorer, it was muddy and she was wearing very functional heels(I love
my Rocky's!!). I talk with him and he says goes ahead a see if you can pull
her out cause he was just going to call a wrecker. I get out my tow straps
and clevis hooks timidly backed up into(about 20yards) the grassy area. I
have always had great luck with 4HI so that it what I stayed in. One pretty
good tug and she came right out. The trooper thanked me and she did as well.
She ended up getting a ticket for unsafe driving in the current weather
conditions(just shy of a speeding ticket is what the trooper told me). Ended
up she was obviously going too fast on the ramp and spun out, landing
herself in the mud and also landing herself a ticket. Funny thing she said
was, "I had a V8 in here, I should be able to get out, shouldn't I?" I didnt
not answer that one!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6