Funny when you work at Valvoline.

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 08 1999 - 22:34:13 EST

Howdy folks. I started my new job today. Valvoline Instant Oil Change
grease monkey. Get 6.85 an hour and work about 18 hours a week. they're
only open til 7 p.m.

Anyways. I had a couple funny observations while working there today. Also
some discoveries.

1)Dodge vehicles has recalled oil caps. They'll freely spin and go "clic
clic" while you try to open it. GREAT. 2! intrepids pulled in with the
same problem.

2) Did you know you're supposed to change your rear differential fluid every
12k miles? I have a print out of all the service things that need to be done
when (ask if you want it, actually, I'll post it in a later post)

3) 3 cars pulled in today (bad valve cover, bad oil pan gasket, and one was
just leaking oil everywhere (newer sebring convertible, but her oil filter
exploded or something) ANYWAYS. funny thing is. we told these people we
couldn't change their oil, except for the sebring convt, because when we add
new oil to it, the problem won't just go away, it'd make it worse because new
oil is slicker and would leak more (i knew that, it was just funny how some
people thought a 25 dollar oil change would fix all their oil leaks!)

4) DAMN those oil filters are hot!!

5) the managers are cool, and the hours fly by. no complaints here. We
just need more female techs... hehe.
-Dester