Re: TB's (the thread that will never go away)

From: Michael Sykes (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 17:08:31 EST

>>I was thinking about putting on a V8 throttle body on my V6 to get a wider bore. Now I know that that would normally kill my low end due to decreased velocity, but will it really matter with a supercharger?? No matter what the supercharger will be forcing air in as fast as it can take it, so I don't see any reason why I would have decreased torque<<<

I think you should go for it!
The only thing is that you have to open up the opening for the TB on top of the intake to accomodate the larger TB (mopar muscle said to open it up to 2 1/16")
don't see a problem....

-mike d.

88 6er with Slush-o-matic and 3.55 one-legged rear,
lowered, modded, and painted =)

http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html