RE: : 99 dakota tie rod ends

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 19:14:11 EST

I had the tie rod ends (inner and outer) replaced on my 98 4X4 at 21K miles
along with both upper and lower ball joints and the idler arm. I doubt very
much this is an isolated incident since my truck has yet to see any off
roading.

John
98 Dak 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Mopar headers, F&B TB, DDBC, DML sticker

<snip>
well my father just got back from dealer and the inner tie rod ends are
worn,
they are gettin replaced, he said he felt it when he hit a bump he said it
he
felt like a heavy rattle or clunk, the dealer said they had prblems with
upper ball joints in the new dakotas but this prob is the first the have
seen
in the newer daks
<unsnip>