Twin Turbo 6er?

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 19:23:00 EST

I'm here and I'm far from a guru. Having owned a very cantankerous
turbocharged car just makes you understand the ins & outs of these beasts.
Rather than try to "Adapt" heads or some other header to do it, I'd just bite
the bullet and pay for custom headers to be built specifically for the units
you are trying to use. I think you'll find a turbo manufacturer willing to
point you to someone who can help. This way the manufacturer can give all the
specs to the pipe benders so that everything comes out perfect.

Now, I'm not sure I'd go with a twin turbo setup on a 6er. Your gains in
pressure would be minimal as compared to a large Varible Geometry turbo. The
VG Turbos also simplify the installation since they don't need wastegates.
They have a simple pressure relief valve on them, not a wastgate. I'd rather
have the force of a single large turbo than mess with the balancing headaches
of twin turbos. The small twin turbo setup would be to eliminate turbo-lag,
but that's what the Variable Geometry does on the larger Turbos.

I'd talk to Allied-Signal (Garrett) and see what they have to say if someone
is serious about turbo-charging their dak. Banks is another good turbo, but I
don't think they have a Variable Geometry unit.

Shaun H.