SOMETHING STRANGE happened to my r/t

From: jimm (jmiller@texnet.net)
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 22:46:31 EST

A couple of weeks ago my 99 r/t started making lots more power than it ever did.
It never was bad about burning off unless i hit the gas hard from a stop or power
braked it and it never knocked on 87 octain fuel. Now it smokes the tires at 1/2
throttle and if floored from about 20 it lights them up again. If I nail it off
the line it winds out burning rubber and continues to smoke the tires all the way
through 1st. It also started clattering on 87 octain about the same time. It is
lots more powerful in all gears. The truck has 14k miles on it and I havent done
anything to it for months in the way of mods. Wonder what happened. I dare not
disconnect the battery or i may loose what good has happened. I am going to fill
up with 89 octain and see what happens now.
Jim in Waco. Oh yes I did a slight mod. Put in 0w30 Amsoil and a Amsoil air
filter in my Mopar Fipk insted of the paper filter that came with it.