Re: Alarm question

From: Nate Johnson (natedak2k@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 10 1999 - 13:26:14 EST

I'm workin' this one right now, as I type, with my dealer. Seems the
alarm they put in from the factory (if you ask for the $150 option) does
nothing other than sound if you open the door or try to start it. Doesn't
do ANYTHING else! The service guys even hooked their puper up to it to
try and see if there was a shock sensor to activate or anything. Nothing
there. I was a little upset because all the alarms that are advertised in
the parts catalog (EVS, EVS II, EVS II plus) have the shock sensors,
siren, etc... I was under the impression from what my salesman told me
that when I asked for the alarm option that's what I would get! (EVS II
plus since I have the power remote door locks) NOT, wrong answer! Right
now I'm lookin' at more than likely getting an EVS II installed at dealers
loss because of the "misrepresentation". We'll see!

Nate.

>Is there any way to activate more alarm options w/o bringing my truck
into
>the dealer?
>Thanks in advance.
>
>SAL

=====
Nate, Ogden UT
00 Dakota CC 4X4, LSD, 3.92 Rear, 4.7L/287ci, Po'boy cold air w/ K&N, Forest Green, Extang BlackMax Tonneau
"D2K"