RE: Re: V6 vs. V8 was: Best mod that improves MPG?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Fri Dec 10 1999 - 21:48:16 EST

Oh yeah...almost forgot:

When we were putting together Paxton 5.0L Mustangs, the MPG went up by
approximately 3mpg. That had put them at 24mpg with 340HP. (Also included
JBA Shorty Headers, JBA TB, MAF Conversion, extrude honed intake, JBA 1.7
Roller Rockers, 3.73 "Cone Posi", and Ford Motorsport Hi-Flow Cats with
Stock Mufflers.)

All for about $7000...at that time.

It's not how much HP you make it put out, it's how you get there. Throwing
a 150HP Shot of Nitrous on an engine (or a blower) that isn't that efficient
will produce HP, but the MPG will suffer. It's that "Air Pump" theory
again.

- Bernd