Re: Re: V6 vs. V8 was: Best mod that improves MPG?

From: George Hernandez (georgeh@tocquigny.com)
Date: Sat Dec 11 1999 - 12:51:18 EST

Maybe at part throttle. At full throttle, unless you're running race gas, you
will have to get a proper fuel ratio or you will experiance runaway detonation.
I don't care if you're running a blower, turbo, or N20. If your mileage didn't
change then tell me why you have to add abigger fuel pump to such set-ups? I
promise you your mileage wil decrease at WOT. At part throttle it will take less
RPMs b/c volumetric efficiency will have increased, but either way you look at,
its simple physics. In the end more 02 introed into the motor = more gas (or at
the very least a much higher octane) to slow the burn down.
Just my $.5.9 cents