Re: new to DML...

From: Darren Asuncion (dakotaguy1999@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Dec 11 1999 - 05:27:09 EST

> Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 19:32:11 EST
> From: Ohm347@aol.com
> Subject: Re: DML: Re: new to DML...
>
> to be honest with you i tried to build an igloo once when i was a child
and
> failed. the only time i've ever seen a polar bear was in a zoo. i live
in
> vancouver in the province of british columbia(b.c.) in the country of
canada.
> i didn't even know what a block heater was till i was twenty and i have
> still never needed one. b.c. is basically a rain forest with lots of
trees
> and lots of mountains. to get snow i have to drive north into the
mountains.
> that is why i have a dakota 4x4. i love to 4x4 and i love to snow board.
> derek

Derek,

I had to spend about $300 for winterization accessories for my Dak when I
moved up here to Fairbanks, AK this September. The things that I installed:
engine block heater, engine oil pan heater, transmission oil pan heater,
battery hot-plate, synthetic fluid in front and rear diffs, Mobil One 0w-40
in the engine, "Low-pour" additive to power steering fluid, and "cold front"
grille inserts (prevents engine from getting too cold on the freeway). Most
of these items were things I've never really seen in use before, so don't
feel too bad about not knowing what a block heater is. Supposedly if you
don't "plug-in" your vehicle when its below 0 degrees F outside, the
vehicle won't start. My Dak never failed to impress me though, a few of us
forgot to plug in our trucks one night, and the next morning it was a
bitter -40F and the Dak cranked right up (along with my neighbor's 95 Ram)!
I had to give my other neighbor a ride to school because her poor Chubby
S-10 refused to fire up! Hehehe! Daks (and Rams) rule!

I too like to snowboard (started 2 years ago when I was going to school in
Colorado), and 4x4! There's plenty of snow around these parts, and the Dak
does great! Pretty fun to plow effortlessly through the snow too! Wish I
could find a polar bear though...see if the Dak could really accommodate one
in the bed or tow it ;) Anyway, enough rambling for now....hehe, I can talk
forever about Daks!

-Darren Asuncion in Fairbanks, AK
dakotaguy1999@yahoo.com
1999 Intensely Cold Blue Dak CC Sport +, 5.2 V8, 3.55 LSD, 4wheel ABS, 44-RE
automatic...