Re: transmission info should of bought a stick

From: Ohm347@aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 11 1999 - 06:14:16 EST

i think it was dale blanchard who wrote the part about getting a stick.
some food for thought for you. the first dak i test drove had a v6 and a
stick. it would not shift from first to second with out a fight if you
brought the revs with in 300 rpm of redline. down to second was fine but up
was not happenin. after the salesman told me i wasn't shifting
correctly(been driving stick since i was sixteen) i went elsewhere to buy my
dak. my shifted perfectly when i test drove it but... it has since developed
a nasty habit of not going into first without going to second from neutral.
it also does not like to go into reverse from neutral without going through
second and first, first. i didn't have a problem with this till i almost got
hit by a semi nosing out of a parking lot. brute force(and i do mean BRUTE
force) can overcome this lack of shifting ease but i am concerned about
bending the shifter(did that on my old ranger racing mustangs). personally i
don't like automatics(i find i don't pay as much attention to my driving) but
at least they shift fast.
that's my two cents on the dak tranny's
derek
98 dakota cc sport+ 4x4,318,5spd