RE: WOOHOO. . . Headers are here!

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sat Dec 11 1999 - 14:08:27 EST

Nope...here's what I did:

(1) Soaked the Manifold Bolts with WD-40 overnight and then tapped on them
with a hammer the next morning. (They unscrew very easily with this
procedure)
(2) Unbolted the Flanges from the Manifolds (Y-Pipe)
(3) Unbolted the Manifolds (Cleaned up the mating surface on the
heads...just in case)
(4) Bolted up the JBA Headers (On the Driver-Side, put the front and rear
bolt in first...the rear is a B--ch unless you've got small fingers.)
(5) Tightened up the headers and bolted the Y-Pipe back up
(6) Ran the truck until hot and retightened the header bolts (Checked them
the next morning and they, to this day, still don't leak) :)

It's a very easy installation which I also did with strictly hand tools.
Total time was about 1.5 hours.

- Bernd