Re: Replacement Fan Belt

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Dec 11 1999 - 16:54:26 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: <fawcett@uism.bu.edu>
To: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Sent: Saturday, December 11, 1999 3:34 PM
Subject: DML: Replacement Fan Belt

> Somebody had mentioned an excellent replacement belt for the OEM
serpentine
> belt... Unfortunately I must have deleted the message. :(
>
> Mine is squeaking like crazy (with only 24k miles!). Can someone remind
who makes a great replacement belt for a '98 318? I promise I won't delete
the message! ;-)
> TIA
> Tom

Tom,
I called around local auto part stores when I did mine at 60,000 miles. I
found one made by Goodyear with a 5 year unliminted mile warranty for only
$52. The larger stores, like Pep Boys, offered cheap no-name brand ones. A
small local shop that has been in business for over 25 years is where I
found this one. Now at 115,000 miles, the belt looks brand new. You might
want to try the belt tensioner if yours is squeaking at 24,000 miles, as it
might be slipping. The tensioner on my Dak is over the the coil by the
alternator. Hope this helps somewhat.....
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6