Fuel pump -kyle-

From: Rcpilot000@aol.com
Date: Sun Dec 12 1999 - 17:57:30 EST

Kyle,
 I think it is the fuel pump.
When it died I was on the interstate.
I did not get any codes and I have tested all of my sensors.
Upon further inspection I found the schrader valve on the fuel rail and
opened it to see if there was any pressure.
 No fuel came out of the valve only what sounded like a vacuum. So I tested
the 20A fuse and the fuel pump relay. they all tested good.
 I cannot hear a buzzing from the tank and I don't remember ever hearing one.
When I manually prime the engine it will start and quickly die so it must be
the fuel pump.

 $145 is a lot better than $300 or $400
 But did you say that the $145 from NAPA were Carter?
I don't want to replace it again in another 50k because with my luck the only
time fuel pumps go out in my trucks is a mile down the road after I filled
up!

 Thanks for the info

 Wes