RE: speakers and such......

From: Jack Yates (jack@blackdakrt.com)
Date: Mon Dec 13 1999 - 00:52:46 EST

Think of it this way. You'll pay about 150 bucks for a thunderform
(without)
a subwoofer. You can pay a stereo shop about 80-100 dollars to make a
custom
box and buy the woofer that best suits you. The MTX t-5000 subs are good,
but there are better subs out there.
-Dester

PS. If you want extreme, get a tonneau cover, cut a hole out and put a lot
of subs in the bed.

Dester, what kinda pricing can you get on the JL audio stealthbox loaded
with the one 10"?

And for anyone who wants to actually cut through their cab and bed to port
subs, you are NUTS! that is IMHO of course. Ive said it before and I'll say
it again, my buddy has a 97 chevy fullsize that he wants to get rid of, but
he's got a huge ass plastic tube runnin from the subs in the bed up to the
port in the cab, the 15's pump like you wouldnt believe (I wont sit in the
damn thing anymore) but he cant get rid of it until he has the holes in the
cab and bed welded up, which wont be cheap... Anyhoo, my point is that a
good stereo shop can custom fab a sub box for you, my advice = dont cut the
cab and bed unless you plan on makin your career by winning car audio shows.

later
jack