Re: Mopar/Dodge License Plate

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 13 1999 - 16:08:49 EST

On Mon, 13 Dec 1999, Kyle Kozubal wrote:

> My Mopar Performance license plate was taken off the front(only required to
> have rear tags in Indiana) of my truck a week or so ago. I was out hunting
> all day at a DNR Fish & Wildlife area only to come back to find out it was
> taken off along with my stainless steel screws/hardware. It reported it to
> the DNR Law Enforcement Division just for reference so they know what
> happened. I know it was the s.s. screws they were after! Haha! Does anyone
> know a place that carries these? I will settle for a newer version, but the
> one which was stolen had a silver anodized metal background with Mopar(in
> blue) and Performance(in red) with the Chrysler symbol on it. I bought mine
> about 4 years ago for $5 and the place no longer is in business. I do not
> want a plastic one, it must be metal/aluminum. Thanks.

  Kyle,

   I've got a metal MP license plate. It sounds similar to what you
described above except its got a black background. I bought it at an
auto show in Toronto; I believe it was $15cdn. I only had it on my Dak for
maybe a month; took it off when I became disgusted with MP and the way
they do business. If you're interested, how about $5 + shipping? I'll
have to check it though, it may have a couple of stone chips in it. If
you're interested, it wouldn't be much trouble for me to drop it on the
scanner and send you a pic; just lemme know.

   If you're looking for a new one, MP may sell them. I'm pretty sure
they sell one that just says "Mopar" on it, I would immagine they sell
the "Mopar Performance" ones to... ?

                                              -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota V8, '96 Suzuki Intruder 1400, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |