Re: Group Discount Ram Air Boxes....

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Tue Dec 14 1999 - 10:59:42 EST

Here's the message I got from Pierre back in December of '97

Dear Richard:

It seems that modifying parts is a big problem to some people. When I got
started in the Hot Rod business, any speed part you purchased needed some
sort of work to make fit. Today, things are different, we will have to
modify an airbox for the Dodge Dakota Boys the same way we did for the
Dodge Ram trucks.
In the meantime, yes the back of the Air Box needs to be cut out and a
filler patch installed to fit the 93 and up Dakotas. Pre 93 models are
another story. This operation requires the use of a dremmel tool with a
cut
off wheel. I think that just about everybody got one of these dremmel
tools
at one time or another for a birthday present or a chrismas gift. As soon
as we do an install here at the shop, we will take pictures and include
it
in a specifically targeted instruction manual.

As far as your local performance dealer, don't sweat it, there are many
Judasses in this world, they need to see to believe.

Thank you for your support
For more info Visit our web page at:
http://www.worldchat.com/public/ramairbx
Thanks: