Re: Also new to the list

From: J McKinney (bigmopar4x4@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Dec 14 1999 - 12:22:28 EST

Hey Will, There are a few of us out here. Didn't think
they made a lift for the 1st generation Dakotas.....or did
you do a modified body lift to get 4"??

Several of us have done suspension lifts on both the 2nd
generation and newer Dakotas, alaong with some drivetrain
mods. I think you're screwed when it comes to lower gears
on the Chrysler made 7 1/4" front axle. I believe that
3.92's is as good as it gets. Then newer FIA 194 (Dana 35
hybrid) has a few more options.

It's good to have another off-roader aboard!! Saw the
website, looks like you guys have fun in MI!!

--- William Huston <wrhuston@mtu.edu> wrote:

> I am Will, and I own a '89 dakota w/ 4" of lift, and 31"
> Super Swamper
> TSL's. I was wondering if anyone else out there wheels
> these things, and
> what they have done to their rigs. Right now I am
> looking at doing a
> custom lift on the front similar to the Rancho lift for
> the newer style.
> Also, if anyone has information regarding used gears,
> 4.10 or 4.56's,
> please let me know.
>
> --
> -Will
> member - MTU Four Wheelers
> http://www.sos.mtu.edu/4x4/

=====
John McKinney
Los Banos, CA
1998 Dakota 4x4 5in lift/locked 33" Swampers
1974 Ramcharger 4in lift/locked 33" BFG MT's