RE: RE: Everything is normal....4.7L emulsion

From: Barret, Matt (MATT_BARRET@earthtech.com)
Date: Tue Dec 14 1999 - 14:06:16 EST

I don't think so, I've been running mine for 3 days like this with no
problems, and it has reduced the problem dramatically, although NOT totally.
It seems to be more of a problem during cool/cold weather. I didn't notice
it back in October when I changed my oil, but it was also warmer weather
(day and night time). I don't agree with the mentality that you should drive
the truck for a longer duration to remedy the problem! This is a design
flaw, there is condensation, the engineers did not test this engine outdoors
in all weather situation!! therefore we have condensation, depending on your
geographical location I would bet there are different severity. Anybody out
there from south Florida, or south Texas with a 4.7L??? let us know what you
found. I'm not really concerned as much as if it were antifreeze in the oil,
or oil in the coolant. All indications that I have seen say its
condensation,and thats it. while I agree it definitely should not be in
there, I also don't agree that some condensation in the filler tube is gone
be detrimental to the engine (I'll let you know when mine blows up!) So
until DC decides to fix the thing right, I'll keep trying to fix it my self.

Matt