Re: Axle Fluid..how many quarts(Tom)?

From: J McKinney (bigmopar4x4@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 15 1999 - 11:35:25 EST

I meant that it doesn't get too cold "relatively speaking"
of course. In the central valley it get's into the 20's
once in a while, but Powertrax was talking about having the
differential parked in the snow. They even stated
something in their manual like recommending 85/140 as long
as the axle is not in contact with snow or in 0 degree
weather, or something like that. If you're in Alaska or a
similar place, no I wouldn't recommend the 85/140 either,
but it's been fine for me.
John

=====