Re: Hurst Shifter

From: GS- (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 15 1999 - 11:50:47 EST

Gregg, I replaced my OEM 5 speed stick with a Hurst
chrome steel stick part No. 538-0060. This is a straight
stick, it works great, but I originally wanted a more
performance oriented curved one part no. 538-7236. The
installation is an involved process with cutting and
welding using parts from the Hurst,OEM unit. However,
now I can simply unbolt this Hurst unit and replace it
with another. Stick selection at Hurst is sparse. At first
glance they have a variety to choose from with such a large
catalog, but in reality they only produce the units they sell
with the shift kits. The trick is getting Hurst to furnish you
with the one you want, not just the one thats available.

GS -

98 5.2L 5spd