Re: Quick What?

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 15 1999 - 17:05:13 EST

In a message dated 12/11/99 8:01:41 PM Eastern Standard Time, jmautz@home.com
writes:

<< The air horns removed, new SS butterfly shaft (flat at butterflies), >>

I believe he uses buttonheads. Those stick into the throttle bore.

<< Port
matched Butterflies blades, >>

Are his angle milled to match the new bore? It doesn't mention in his web
site. . .

<< no idle adjustment necessary (600 rpm from first
crank), >>

I heard otherwise, but it's no biggie. . .

<< I think you are confusing the QuickD TB with the R&D TB.

John Mautz >>

Well, ours don't use buttonhead screws. We usually have a large inventory and
they're in stock. If not, it's 24-48hrs, max. I always throw in free
shipping, and if the customer isn't happy, he gets his money back. We take
the extra time to counterbore the new, angle milled (another step some other
don't take), thinner, stainless steel plates.
(http://members.aol.com/kabuki2/stage1b.jpg). All our parts are made to our
mill spec, which I'll bet is alot tighter than most automotive
applications.... remember, our TBs are coming from an aerospace machine shop
with many, many years of experience in the tool and die industry... we're
pretty good w/ engines , too ;)

i hope this doesn't turn ugly... go w/ who you think is best.

ttyl
Patrick