Re[2]: Axle Fluid..how many quarts(Bob)?

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Wed Dec 15 1999 - 18:35:01 EST

I need the "No-Slip" as I've got the newer 29 spline 8 1/4 axle. I don't think
they have plans to make the Lock-Right for this axle or maybe they plan to
phase the lock-right out? I'm really not sure.

As far as the lube goes, can I get some comments on the difference between
80W-90 and 75W-140? The 75W-140 that I bought is synthetic, in case that makes
a difference. I thought I was getting more protection as the oil covered a
broader range... From what I've been reading lately it looks like I might be
dangerously wrong --please comment.

As I said in a recent post, I was all set to buy one from Summit 'till somebody
mentioned it could be had cheaper... If I'm chasing a red herring or they were
talking about the older model locker I wish they would speak up.
Tom