Re: Re: have price & # for alum. heads

From: Gregg S Grisham (gsg@u.arizona.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 16 1999 - 02:37:47 EST

as high as this may seem it seems reasonable for aluminum heads. the prices
for other aluminum heads range from 500 to over3000 each. the heads for a
pontiac motor from edlebrock are almost 2000 or were last time I checked.
sb chevy heads are much cheaper for simple heads since the market is so
large, but heads for magnums will be expensive. Look for engine builders to
buy the heads in bulk, and as they are raw castings, offer them as a pacakge
with custom porting and valves. Personally I cant wait, this will cure some
pinging probs, as well as open a whole new world of performance for the
magnum engine.
sign me up for a pair :) (after I pay for college)
Gregg