RE: 95 V-8 headers

From: brian.duffey@intelsat.int
Date: Thu Dec 16 1999 - 09:06:53 EST

Welcome Sam,
At the risk of starting a flame war (Hey, its been a while!) I'd say you've
got one of the best year DAKs ever built! Yes, I am biased. But seriously, I
think everyone on the list who has owned a '95 will tell you that they are
screamers and have very few mechanical problems.

If you want to go with headers, I'd say seriously look at the Mopar
Performance headers.
I think the general consensus is that these provide the best performance
gains of the available headers, along with good manufacture and durability.
Of course, if you put on headers to get all that air out, you'll need to
start getting more air in, so you'll then be looking at modified TB's and
some sort of air induction mod (K&N open, modified cold air/cone, you name
it the DML'ers have done it!) As you can see, it is a long road you are
starting down...

Ask around, folks on the list should be able to direct you to the cheapest
sources for the Mopar headers.

Good luck

Duff
'95 SLT 4x4 CC 318 4spd/OD with Transgo shift kit - 3.55 / LSD
MSD 6AL - MSD Blaster Coil - MSD 8.5 wires - K&N FIPK - F&B Stage I TBI