cbs... the best is GALAXY

From: Crawdaddy (lilblakv8dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 17 1999 - 23:21:42 EST

I must say, that the best cb is a galaxy... 7 bands,
am and fm, sidebands, built in echo and roger beep...
all for $200!! mine was peaked out at 22watts. It
then went into a texas star pre amp, then into a TX
800 capped out doing nearly 1200 watts!! all on a 102"
steel whip antena ontop of a 34" bracket in the bed of
my dak... it was nearly 13' tall overall!

I agree, cobra is the best value, can be turned WAY
up, and can easily be modded, but.. if you are going
to do any modding, pay the extra money and start out
with the galaxy. If not, find a good used Cobra 25. As
far as antennas go, get a steel whip. They only cost
20 bux, and are easy to replace and "bend" back into
shape. IMHO, wilson makes better magnet mounted
antennas then the k40 and they handle more power.

Just remember, with whatever you get, to get your
swr's set for max perfromance (very important).

BTW, I was stopped by the FAA guys at the local
airport for bleeding over the radios. Nothing
happened, but the first time fine is extremely high
and they can take your box and cb if it is pushing
more than 4 watts. But, generally, they don't care,
as long as you don't bother anyone =]

damn, I never type this much... hope it makes sense

 I love CB's!

{}{}}{{}{}{}}{{}{}{}{}{}{}}{}{

Could someone reccomend some good CB's to me? I'm
looking for
something
good, reliable, not too expensive and something I can
"Tweak" for
better
range.
Any suggestions?

Jason

=====
Geoffrey Gaskin Swartz, Louisiana
LilBlakV8Dak@yahoo.com or Crawdaddy@colla.com
UIN # 2325710 (ICQ) <><><> yahoo messenger fast_98_mopar
http://www.geocities.com/lilblakv8dak/mopar.html
1998 RC Black Sport V8 auto 3.55 Stockland cover Flowmaster,
255/60/15, K&N Gen II clone 15.46@93.1 198hp 6.92 0-60 G-tech