RE: cbs... the best is GALAXY

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Sat Dec 18 1999 - 00:21:29 EST

> I must say, that the best cb is a galaxy... 7 bands,
> am and fm, sidebands, built in echo and roger beep...
> all for $200!! mine was peaked out at 22watts. It
> then went into a texas star pre amp, then into a TX
> 800 capped out doing nearly 1200 watts!! all on a 102"
> steel whip antena ontop of a 34" bracket in the bed of
> my dak... it was nearly 13' tall overall!

I'm sorry but Galaxy's are POS. Yeah I can understand why the FAA was
pissed! YOu where probably bleeding over("splash") on to the Aircraft band
which is about 120mHz above the CB band. The Roger Beep is a waste(unless
you're just gonna run SSB) as well as the echo. That rig is probably wiping
out television for blocks! Peaked to 22watts.. Splash City... Unless the
final out has been replaced your finals are slowly cooking away since the
transistors are running 110% power. Also it is not a good idea to run that
much power into a linear, again more splash, and you can easily trash the
linear. Every linear that I ever came across for CB's would work best with
4w(AM)/12wpep (SSB). Just my .02c

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ