Re: Squeaky Bed

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 18 1999 - 01:39:25 EST

Yea yea yea. I SHOULD do it once a year. but I think they're squeeking
because I took them out to put the new hanger in. I'll loosen it up. pull
it out, put lube on the inside of it and hope it goes away. or should i just
spray WD-40 or liquid wrench into the bolt area? I THINK this is where the
squeeks are comming from. maybe it's just too damn cold. (shouldn't be,
because it's only at 30 degrees)
-Dester

<< You can spray some graphite on the shackle bolts (and shackles themselves)
 to keep them from squeaking. That's what my father did on the Javelin years
 ago when we changed out the old springs...and they don't squeak to this day.

 - Bernd