RE: idle problems(need some suggestions)

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Dec 19 1999 - 12:02:41 EST

The stock plugs and wires don't really last that long (replaced mine on my
'97 V6 at 5K miles). If you still have the stock Champion POS plugs in
there, you may want to change those anyway. (Be careful with your knuckles
though, they were put in by Magilla Gorilla!)

You may just want to pull a couple of the plugs out to see what they look
like. Also, changing the plug wires and routing them, as described in the
TSB for the plug wire re-route, should work for you as well. (Probably not
required...but doesn't hurt to do it.)

The other item to check is the IAS. There's two Torx (15) screws holding it
in place. Grab some STP TB Cleaner, remove the IAS (Big Thingy on the back
of the TB), hose out the hole with the cleaner, clean off the plunger on the
IAS (Don't turn it...just clean it), and reinstall everything.

- Bernd