Re: Spare tire lock

From: blackdak (blackdak@twcny.rr.com)
Date: Sun Dec 19 1999 - 21:40:39 EST

I bought the MOPAR spare tire lock and it worked fine on a 2000 Dakota with
the 31x10.5 tires. It has the rod that goes down inside. Actually you crank
down the tire and replace the stock rod with the new one with the internal
drive mechanism. took like half hour and I did it by myself. Then make sure
you put the "key" (rod that has proper engagement cog on the end) in you bag
of jacking rods. Did you try a MOPAR one (actally made by McGuard I think).
Or something else? What size tire are we talking about?

Gary