Merry Dakota Christmas!

From: Gene & Renee Rivers (webmaster@mopars.net)
Date: Sun Dec 19 1999 - 22:37:14 EST

Modified for the Dakoa crowd............

A Visit From St. Nick

'Twas the night before Christmas and out on the streets,
Only Mopars were winning against Fords and "Heartbeats."

The stop lights were hung over the streets with great care,
Getting ready to change for those drivers who dare.

The children were nestled all snug in there beds,
While visions of Hot Wheels danced in their heads.

My wifeon the phone and I in the garage,
Yes, I was staring at my Miss Mopar collage.

When out on the drive rolled up such a rumble,
You knew for the owner it was hard to be humble.

I recognized the sound but had to see for myself,
I knew this was no blue oval elf.

I was right, there it was, in it's light driftwood glow,
A SLT Dakota built for go and not show!

The cargo lid hissed as it opened wide,
A large sack of parts was visible inside.

The door opened wide, out came a black boot,
Then there he stood in a red and white suit.

It was Santa, St. Nick, in all of his glory,
"But Santa, please tell me, just what is the story?"

"Where is your sleigh, your eight tiny deer?"
He said "I traded them for Nitrous and a 3.91 gear!"

"I test drove 'em all, SUV's, trucks and even a car,
But none can beat 'Chebees' like my silver Mopar!"

"And son you've been good and learned all the tricks,
So I'm swapping your V6 for a crate 426!"

Then he grabbed up his tools and went straight to the chore.
The swap took one hour, no less and no more.

This guy was good, but something's not right...
Santa couldn't have learned to do that overnight.

He torqued the last nut and then walked away,
"With this," he said proudly, "you'll beat 'Chebees' all day!"

All at once it hit me, I recognized the voice,
His skill with the tools and that cap of his choice.

Once I figured it out, it was no surprise,
This was Bernd Ratch in a Santa disguise!

He collected up his tools and went back to his ride,
Put his stuff in the back and hopped back inside.

With a whine of the starter, the beast came alive,
And with a shift to reverse, he backed out of my drive.

With shifter in hand he clicked into first,
And the 'Kota jumped forward with a quick but smooth burst.

I could see he was happy about what he had done,
He had turned my car into major Mopar fun.

But he had to be going, he had much to do,
Lots of Hemis to be swapped in hours too few.

And I heard him exclaim as he snatched second gear...
"Have a smooth running Christmas and a Mopar New Year"

P.S. I test drove my Dak down the street and back again.
         It took just two minutes where it used to take ten!

Gene Rivers
99 R/T, CC, DA
ICQ#23787964
www.mopars.net