RE: Re[2]: terraserver

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Mon Dec 20 1999 - 13:35:04 EST

At 04:12 PM 12/19/99 , you wrote:
> > If you really want to get pissed off at something, ask yourself why the
> > government/military is so concerned about U.S. citizens flying over places
> > like Area 51, while Russian and Chinese spy satellites routinely fly over
> > and photograph the area.

>Because you're gonna see what those satellites see "nothing". All the stuff
>is underground(do you really think that the military is gonna keep stuff
>they don't want you to see in plain sight???).

Well, they gotta bring those experimental planes out sometime...or are you
telling me they fly them underground? And, yes, satellites can see in the
dark just fine, thank you very much. Take a look at an aeronautical chart
of the area and you'll see how much bigger the restricted area is there
than at other places. And don't even try to get close enough by ground to
be able to see the area. They go to ridiculous extremes to hide "nothing".

>If memory serves me
>correct all military bases are off limits for aircraft. No fly overs allowed
>what so ever

Bad news, your memory must be getting as bad as mine. :-( I live near a
military airfield and often go down there to watch planes. Civilian
aircraft overfly the field all day, just like they do at most civilian
airfields. They call the tower first and are sometimes restricted as to
altitude, but if the field is not busy, they fly right over the middle of
the base (and they used to have nuclear weapons there).

Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
mail to: mcrumley@airmail.net

"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius
is a guy like Norman Einstein."--Joe Theismann, football commentator