Winter Break Projects/Questions....

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Tue Dec 21 1999 - 01:09:46 EST

Well the week of finals are over, been over for a week actually, and I need
to do some things to my Dak in this time/break. One more semester to go!!!!!
First on the list is to get a 3 week construction job with my uncle
hopefully to get some extra cash! Then, I plan on replacing my Dak's pitman
arm, I checked today and I has alot of play in it. Hope fully this part wont
be tooo pricey. The idler arm one year ago was about $50, so we will see.
Then of course is the on-going front tow hook project, this is fairly cheap,
$40 max; almost done with it actually. The main goal however is to replace
my Rancho RS5000 P.O.S shocks, they are shot after only being on my Dak for
3 1/2 years. I am going to try to replace them with a full set of
Bilstein's, hopefully their reputation will precede them. Does anyone know
if Bilstein's have polyurethane bushings at both ends??? This is a must for
me, as my RS5000's bushings I had to replace after 1 year with polyurethane
bushings. I know alot of other off-road shocks come with urethane bushings,
and if these dont, then I will buy the top of the line TrailMaster shocks.
Anything will be better than these Rancho's I have now, I will never buy
them again. Thanks.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6