RE:Computer Change re Tire Size

From: Ned Buckmaster (Ned@Buckmaster.com)
Date: Tue Dec 21 1999 - 05:00:06 EST

Buy the Hypertech Power Programmer III. In addition to giving you more
power, it allows you to correct for alternate size tires.

Ned

>Does anybody know how to change the computer to compensate for a change in
tire size? Can I do it >myself?

>For the winter, I'm changing to P235/75-15 Blizzaks. I currently have
P275/60-17 Dunlops (which are nearly-identical circumference as the stock
31x10.5 Wranglers). If I don't change the computer, my speedometer will be
out by more than 6%, and my odometer will clock up 6% too many miles.

>I'm hoping that I don't have to take it to the dealer twice a year to do
this.