RE:Computer Change re Tire Size

From: Brent Hackl (Brent.Hackl@mail.nrginfo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 22 1999 - 15:36:52 EST

I'd prefer not to buy something just to change tire size. I was hoping that I could just change it myself somehow. My Dodge dealer says they MIGHT be able to do it (with their DRV scan tool???), but
he wouldn't know until he tried it. If he can do it, it will cost me $40 twice a year to switch back and forth between my smaller winter tires.

That being said... what is the Hypertech chip worth? Will it cause me problems with future warranty claims? Does Mopar have an "aftermarket" chip that would give ME that capability as well? Do the
performance chips give much extra HP or torque in the 2000-3000 rpm range (where it would help me for towing)?

...Brent