Re: Thoughts on mods....

From: Mike D. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Tue Dec 21 1999 - 18:38:33 EST

>>I've come to the
conclusion that there just aren't enough bolt-on mods. available, what
we need is possibly a few companies competing for complete head
assemblies and other stuff that are carb legal with or without the
ability to add more future mods such as turbo kits or NOS.<<<

I dunno man...
I don't think it'll happen anytime soon.

there just isn't enough interest. Example: called about clear taillights
made for 87-96 daks. They said "we need 200 people". I tried for 6 months
to get people together... got maybe 50...
the point is, there just isn't enough people out there wanting to make
their Mopars go fast that aren't Hemis or Vipers. The 4.7 shows
potential. There are already blowers and stuff out for it in the Grand
Cherokee. The trusty magnum just hasn't been around long enough. Even if
all 600 DML members call, they still won't do it because only about 30 of
them will actually buy the product. I wish there were a way to get all
dakota owners to be aware of the dwindling aftermarket interest in our
trucks, then we could organize some kind of mass effort to get things
done.....

-mike d.

miggitymike@juno.com
88 6er with Slush-o-matic and 3.55 one-legged rear,
lowered, modded, and painted =)

http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html