RE: Camaro vs. Dak

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Dec 22 1999 - 09:40:40 EST

Why did a '91 S10 do 190mph at the Salt Flats? Because is wasn't a factory
configuration and it was built to it. (You could do that with almost any
other vehicle with enough money.)

However, we're comparing cars vs. trucks. Aerodynamically, there's really
not comparison since they were initially designed for different purposes.

It's all a matter of "You Have to Pay to Play". There's just no way around
it. A quick example would be using your old Syclone: You raced someone in
a Mustang, and you beat him...but not by much. So, you purchase a better
exhaust system and intake system. You race him the next day and beat him by
a little bit more. A week goes by and you meet up with him again...you race
again but this time he "spanks" you pretty hard. Hmmm...what went
wrong..OH...he went out and put a blower on his Mustang along with headers,
intake, and exhaust system. Well, you go out and buy a better Turbo, NOS,
and some slicks. Are you getting the point yet?

In factory form, a Camaro or Mustang will easily "spank" our butts without
us having to pay a little bit for some extra HP. Depending on which model
of Camaro or Mustang can also depend on how much are you willing to pay wo
win. (And I know for a fact that even most of the factory R/T's can't beat
a Camaro or Mustang...i've seen too many timeslips that were only in the low
15's.)

$0.02

- Bernd