Re: Re: Have you driven a Ford lately??? You'll be glad you haven't after reading this!

From: Sam Parthemer (rtdkota@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 22 1999 - 14:03:30 EST

Not so much having it drop off in front of you, but
what about the people in on coming traffic and having
it bounce in their direction! (Tire 45 mph -->, <---
Car 60 mph = 105 mph rate of closure impact). My
friend had a tire do that and hit him (luckily) in the
passenger side windshield... Folded the roof in, and
crushed the passenger side pillar. He was able to
pull over and stop safely (and was uninjured other
than a severe case of stomach cramps from tensing up
when he saw it coming-- AKA ruined his shorts).
The car was considered totalled.

My wife had a large rock do that to her Dakota
yesterday on the way to work, and she was able to
swerve to the point it hit the smitty built brush
guard on the passenger side, then deflected it up to
the upper passenger side of the windshield... It left
a small 'moon' in the glass, that my insurance company
is fixing for free (5th time I've used the service).
If she hadn't reacted or was day dreaming and not seen
the 'boulder' (as she called it), it would have hit
squarely on the hood, then probably nailed the
windshield smack in the middle.

Sam '00 RT & '99 4x4