Re: Clarion Car Audio

From: Mike D. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Wed Dec 22 1999 - 19:58:39 EST

I haven't owned a clarion, but I think my next unit will be Clarion or
Eclipse. I have an Alpine now. It's my second Alpine and I'm really
disappointed. My first Alpine bit the dust after a year and a half of use
(CD laser quit), and now my new one (7832) is only 2 years old and is
acting up. I had it in the shop (circuit city) because it just wouldn't
play CD's. The problem was intermitten.. all I would get was digital
distortion. So, circuit city has it for 2 weeks, says they can't find the
problem, and give it back. Now, it skips like hell, some CD's won't even
play cuz' all they do is skip, and it just don't sound as good as it used
to. I'm VERY picky as to my audio quality because I am an Audio Engineer,
and listen to most of my music on $15k studio monitors. Man, I thought
Alpine was he best... guess not =(

-mike d.

miggitymike@juno.com
88 6er with Slush-o-matic and 3.55 one-legged rear,
lowered, modded, and painted =)

http://members.xoom.com/dakotaperf/index.html