Re: Trouble Codes

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Dec 23 1999 - 18:10:13 EST

At 01:33 PM 12/23/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I have a '99 Dakota 318 4x4 auto, to which I am trying
>to pull the computer trouble codes myself.
>
>I tried the key on/off 3 times thing but that did not
>seem to work or I am doing it wrong. I tried following the
>post on the DML home page on how to do this for 1997+ Dak.
>
>Anyone know how to get the codes from a '99?
>any special secrets?

Access to any codes were changed in '98. Here's the new procedure.

Simultaneously depress the trip reset and trip/odometer switches,
and, while holding them, turn the ignition to ON/RUN, and wait about 5
seconds. This sends the car through a short self-test sequence that lights
all segments of the odometer and shift selector read-out (where
applicable). It will then display the stored error codes.

Good luck.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.