Re: Continuig Tranny Adventures

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Dec 23 1999 - 18:09:59 EST

At 10:43 AM 12/23/99 PST, you wrote:
> <snip>
>But i've never heard of a transmission sticking because it's cold???
>Told the service guy, he's like just keep track of it and call if it gets
>worse. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if there's any
>idea why this would be happening???

Never had this experience with getting the shifter out of Park because
of the cold. May be a problem with the shifting mechanism or linkage.

>And i've got about 3000 km (1900 mi) on the Dak so far.
>And speaking of mileage, whn did most of you folks get your first oil
>change?

I did the first change at 1000-1200 mi. just in case any debris had
come off during initial breakin ... a habit I got into from the 50's
and kept. Besides the dealer gave me a free oil and oil filter change
coupon in addition to a free 1st regularly scheduled lube and oil/oil
filter change.

Bob. Southern Ontario, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC Sport, FR, 5.2L, 3.55 SG, auto.